The Forest Glen Parent Faculty Organization (PFO) is just that, a group of Forest Glen parents and faculty working together. The PFO is the link between you – Forest Glen Families – and the Forest Glen staff.
The PFO supports these goals with a $30,000 annual budget. How do we spend your money?
- Provide communication and services to parents – through tools such as newsletters and a school directory
- Raise money for teachers and faculty to help bridge the gap in state and federal funding–offering spring and fall grants, training and supplies.
- Support our children – with curriculum enrichment and library books
- Build community through social events – such as the Fiesta del Otoño, skating parties, & a talent show.
HOW DOES THE PFO RAISE MONEY?
- 73% back to our children’s classrooms, teachers, and clubs
- 12% to support our non-teaching staff
- 9% for hospitality and festival events - parent breakfasts, Hispanic Festival
- 2% for outreach in our Forest Glen community
- 4% for operating costs
The PFO has several fundraisers throughout the year. With this information, you can choose how you want to support the efforts of the PFO.
- Non-Project Fundraiser – Rather than having your child participate in traditional school fundraisers,you can make a donation to the PFO. A letter explaining this program goes home with your child in September, and more information can be found by contacting our PFO treasurer.
- Spell–a-bration – Students raise money and enhance their spelling skills simultaneously.
- Kids Kreations – Artwork created in Art class can be transferred to mugs, mouse pads or even aprons. Very popular and delivered in time for Christmas gifts!
- Silent Fundraisers – Clip and send in Box Tops, which are worth $0.10 each! FG also participates in Terracycle’s fundraising program where we give them our trash and they give us cash.
- Fiesta del Otoño – Our largest fundraiser is a community/family event. Always a great time and the biggest fundraiser of the year.