The Forest Glen Parent Faculty Organization (PFO) is just that, a group of Forest Glen parents and faculty working together. The PFO is the link between you – Forest Glen Families – and the Forest Glen staff.
The PFO supports these goals with a $30,000 annual budget. How do we spend your money?
- Provide communication and services to parents – through tools such as newsletters and a school directory
- Raise money for teachers and faculty to help bridge the gap in state and federal funding–offering spring and fall grants, training and supplies.
- Support our children – with curriculum enrichment and library books
- Build community through social events – such as the Fiesta del Otoño, skating parties, & a talent show.
HOW DOES THE PFO RAISE MONEY?
- 73% back to our children’s classrooms, teachers, and clubs
- 12% to support our non-teaching staff
- 9% for hospitality and festival events - parent breakfasts, Hispanic Festival
- 2% for outreach in our Forest Glen community
- 4% for operating costs
The PFO has several fundraisers throughout the year. With this information, you can choose how you want to support the efforts of the PFO.
The Forest Glen PFO has a variety of Silent Fundraisers
- Non-Project Fundraiser – Rather than having your child participate in traditional school fundraisers,you can make a donation to the PFO. A letter explaining this program goes home with your child in September, and more information can be found by contacting our PFO treasurer.
- Spell–a-bration – Students raise money and enhance their spelling skills simultaneously.
- Kids Kreations – Artwork created in Art class can be transferred to mugs, mouse pads or even aprons. Very popular and delivered in time for Christmas gifts!
- Silent Fundraisers – Clip and send in Box Tops, which are worth $0.10 each! FG also participates in Terracycle’s fundraising program where we give them our trash and they give us cash.
- Fiesta del Otoño – Our largest fundraiser is a community/family event. Always a great time and the biggest fundraiser of the year.
that cost only a few minutes of your time.
We hope that every family will choose to be involved in the PFO this year whether it is making a monetary donation, volunteering for an event, or attending a PFO-sponsored event!
Please join us for the first General PFO Meeting on Thursday, October 28 at 6:30 pm in the Café. If you have any questions, please contact us. We wish you and your family a successful and happy school year.
Stay current on PFO events and topics by subscribing to the PFO listserve
Visit http://forestglen.ltschools.org/ click on the Listserves tab and choose Forest Glen
PFO in the drop down menu. Provide your e-mail address and hit “Submit.”