Please remember to call the school office at 964-4905 each day that your student is absent. Homework requests must also be made through the office.
Visitation of Classes
After the first two weeks of school, we welcome your visit to your child's classroom. Pre-arranged classroom visits by parents are encouraged and welcomed. We also welcome parents to come and eat lunch with their student. Parents may either eat hot lunch from the cafeteria or bring a sack lunch from home. Please do not bring in food from a restaurant for you and your child. All visitors should sign in at the office and wear a guest or volunteer badge. For your child's safety and education, we cannot allow parents to just walk into the classroom unexpectedly. Thank you for your support in providing a safe environment for our children.
Involved parents are vital contributors to our success at Forest Glen. When parents apply for this magnet they understand the expectations of being partners in education both in and out of the school setting. Parents volunteer in classrooms, work in the office and media center, assist with projects and homework at home, serve on school committees, accompany students on study trips, and share their expertise as guest speakers. Parents support our internationally focused curriculum as well as discipline and respect for our school, teachers, and classmates.
Parents Are Encouraged to:
- develop their child’s interest in the Spanish language and in other cultures,
- volunteer in their child’s language class,
- show their child that they value the ability to speak a second language,
- try to learn the language along with their child,
- attend cultural events that feature music, dance or food from the countries where the language is spoken,
- provide books, videos or other materials in the second language,
- be familiar with the language they read to their child,
- support discipline and respect for their school, teachers, and classmates to keep communication between home and school open. Praises and concerns will be welcomed.