Forest Glen Elementary School celebrates its uniqueness as a culturally enriched partnership of students, staff, families, and community. Our Spanish Immersion magnet school actively cultivates the maximum potential of each student in the lifelong learning process and in the development of cross-cultural learners and responsible citizens.
Through a multicultural environment that promotes understanding amongst diverse nationalities, the students of Forest Glen are provided with the opportunities and resources to become cross-cultural learners and responsible citizens.
Forest Glen envisions nurturing the growth of each individual child academically, by teaching the skills required by the curriculum; socially, by fostering self- discipline, honesty, openness, tolerance, respect, and the ability to cope with change; intellectually, through the development of curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking; emotionally, by fostering self-esteem, initiative, and a positive attitude towards life; and physically, through the promotion of health and fitness.
- In a nurturing environment of mutual respect and dignity embracing cultural, emotional, intellectual, physical, and social needs of each student.
- In a differentiated, integrated curriculum with high expectations that engage foreign language in a cooperative and collaborative environment.
- In empowering each student to develop integrity and to become a positive and responsible world citizen.
- In providing opportunities for young people to use academic skills in solving real life problems through community projects and service learning.
- In embracing and incorporating the cultural, linguistic, and ethnic diversity of staff and students in an environment that prepares students for our competitive global community.